It’s my birthday and I’ve come up with some things I will aspire to in my 35th year.
The last few years I was pretty stagnant in the whole goal department. My biggest goal was to simply survive my husband’s two year tour overseas. Now that my family is once again together I feel much more at peace, and in a way I feel like I’ve experienced a rebirth. It’s like I’ve been a shadow of myself these last two years and the Nicole I know and love is finally coming back into the light.
These last few months have brought fourth many new changes and challenges and I want to take advantage of all the opportunities and experiences that will come my way, but I’ve also set fourth a few goals for myself for my 35th year.
- Write every day. I’ve gotten out of the habit of writing daily. This is a travesty I will eliminate completely this year.
- I want to achieve the goal of self publishing something -my goal right now is a short story -but that could turn into a novella if all goes well.
- I have wanted to try Yoga for years. This year I will begin exploring yoga. I think it will really help me to focus and calm down a bit in certain aspects of my life where I tend to be “high-strung”.
- I want to learn a new skill. I’m leaning towards the Piano.
- I am an incredibly shy person. As an adult I had to force myself to be outgoing and I’ve found that my shyness is rearing its head in a HUGE way. I need to put myself out there and really make some new friends.
- Finally, I plan on volunteering some of my time. I’ve already made arrangements to be a Sunday school teacher in the Fall and I think that will be a great avenue for me.
love & birthday candles,
Nicole Olea’s love language is communication. She does this best using her keyboard as a freelance copywriter and editor. Creative and resilient with high-level experience in social media management, content creation, and eCommerce marketing, Nicole Olea was a professional volunteer, sharing her skills with various non-profit organizations who paid her in hugs. For the last 20 years, she’s lived a quasi-nomadic life, moving across the country and the Atlantic with her active-duty husband and their three kids. She’s awkwardly stumbling toward her goal of becoming a saint. She’s got God-sized dreams and wants you to have them too!