This weekend I soared across treetops while zip lining with Adventures Unlimited during Brandcation-Bloggers Gone Coastal. Zip lining with a bunch of your friends is so much fun. Feeling like your flying through the air at a pretty fast speed is absolutely exhilarating. I can say that, now that my feet are firmly planted on the ground.
If I had to choose a word to describe how I was feeling at the thought of zip lining I’d have to use “trepidation”. I’m accident prone and climbing up into the sky, then jumping off into the air made me nervous. However my fears were soon put at ease by the staff at Adventures Unlimited. They’re commitment to safety first was reassuring and it ensured I, and all of their other guests zip lining had a great experience.
My two guides on our tour were Dave and Brooke they were super! Not once did I ever feel unsafe, in their more than capable hands. If you’re ever in the Pensacola area and are in the mood for some adventure check out Adventures Unlimited -the landscape at that height is worth it, the adrenaline rush (and the Twilight fantasy) is just a bonus!
Things to remember:
- You’ve got to be able to climb both regular stairs and ladder types.
- Dressing comfortably and wearing closed toe shoes will help make your zip lining experience a better one.
- Most importantly remember that this is Florida and carry a water bottle, hydrate, hydrate, hydrate!
- If you plan on taking pictures or drinking water a knapsack is an awesome accessory to have (I totally wish I wore one!)
- Wear sunscreen.
- Carry some cash to tip your guides. Believe me when I tell you they’ll earn every penny!
Nicole Olea’s love language is communication. She does this best using her keyboard as a freelance copywriter and editor. Creative and resilient with high-level experience in social media management, content creation, and eCommerce marketing, Nicole Olea was a professional volunteer, sharing her skills with various non-profit organizations who paid her in hugs. For the last 20 years, she’s lived a quasi-nomadic life, moving across the country and the Atlantic with her active-duty husband and their three kids. She’s awkwardly stumbling toward her goal of becoming a saint. She’s got God-sized dreams and wants you to have them too!